Photo Credit: Mia Perez
With our busy schedule this year it is hard to find a little “me time”, let alone stay on top new indie songs. Usually they are not on any top charts or on the radio, and who has time to search through iTunes or Youtube anyway! Here are a few indie songs I have been loving in between study breaks.
1. Believer- American Authors
Believer is an upbeat song with an urban sound.
2. Major Minus- Coldplay
Coldplay is my personal favorite. Its a alternative British rock band.
3. Diet Mountain Dew- Lana Del Rey
4. Lucky Ones- Lana Del Rey
5. Off To The Races- Lana Del Rey
Lana Del Rey’s songs are very sultry yet somber. The medleys are haunting and beautiful.
6. Royals- Lorde
Royals has become a breakout hit within the past few weeks! At only sixteen, Lorde has such a unique and beautiful voice. Royals is upbeat and fun!
7. Dirty Paws- Of Monster and Men
8. King and Lion Heart- Of Monster and Men
9. Sinking Man- Of Monsters and Men
Of Monsters of Men is an Icelandic folk band with beautiful lyrics and raw talent. The songs are nostalgic and innocent.
10. Let it Go- The Neighborhood
The Neighborhood is alternative and bohemian; It has roots in Californian culture.
11. Entertainment- Phoenix
12. Trying to be Cool- Phoenix
Phoenix is very retro; reminiscent of the 1970’s, but still relevant for today.
13. Diane Young- Vampire Weekend
This song is very upbeat and draws inspiration from the music of the 1950s.
Enjoy, and feel free to brag about being hipster.