For the hard core book readers, sometimes there’s nothing worse than watching your favorite book become a major motion picture. Year after year, we see movies butcher our favorite books with a horribly written screenplay, a poor casting decision, or cutting out major plot points. There are obviously some exceptions (Harry Potter made it big without causing too damage to Potterheads) that make us think things will be different this time, but they rarely are. From the first feeling of hope to when the credits role and you’re full of anger, here are 14 emotions you experience when your favorite book makes a move to the big screen.
1.Go out to buy the new trending book
2. Pray that it becomes a movie
3. Author announces it will become a movie
4. Quickly attempts to finish the book
5. Cast is announced and someone tries to degrade it
6.You’re so excited to see your favorite book come to life.
7. Remember all the other bestsellers that became a movie
8. Thinks that this time will be better, then you realize that’s unrealistic.
9. Then you filled with anger
10. Ignore pretensish people who pretended to read the book and refuse to see it with any of them
11. Mentally and emotionally try to prepare yourself for what you’re about to watch
12. Movie comes out and you pick apart everything that’s different from the book
13. The credits roll, and while everyone else cheers, you scream
14. Buys the next bestselling book with no regrets