These Christmas cake pops are easy and fun treats perfect for holiday parties and get togethers! For recipes like this and more check out our Christmas treats Pinterest page.
Also check out our other Christmas Treat DIYs here.
What you need:
– Cake mix of your choice
– Creamy frosting (I like Betty Crocker)
– Melting Chocolate, I use both milk and white chocolate for these cake pops
– Colored decorating frosting
– Mini pretzels if you choose to make reindeer cake pops!
– Lollipop sticks
– Cake pan
– Cookie sheet
– Mixing bowl
Step 1: Bake the cake
Follow the baking directions on the box of your chosen cake. You can choose whether you want a chocolate, vanilla, or any other flavor of cake. Once your cake is baked, you can divide it into sections and use as much cake needed for the desired amount of cake pops.
Take your desired amount of cake and place it into a mixing bowl. Then, with a large spoon, begin to mix the cake until it becomes crumbs.
Add your creamy frosting to the bowl of crumbs in order to make a dough-like substance. Having to much frosting will make the cake pops droopy, so add small amounts at a time in order to create the best consistency.
Once you have the dough-like substance, use a scooper to get the right amount for each cake pop and proceed to place them on a cookie sheet. Then you can roll each scoop into a perfect ball.
Take the cake pops and cover them with plastic or foil. Place them in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Take dipping chocolate of your choice and begin to heat. I used microwavable melting milk chocolate for reindeer cake pops and white chocolate for snowmen cake pops.
Take the cake pops out of the refrigerator and prepare for dipping
-First take the lollipop stick and dip the top into chocolate. Then, insert it into your cake pop.
-Next, take a cake pop and dip the cake ball in your desired melted chocolate.
-White for snowmen
-Milk chocolate for reindeer
After dipping each cake pop, place them on a cookie sheet or insert them into Styrofoam to allow them to stand.
Decorate the cake pops once the shells have hardened.
1. Use the white chocolate cake pops
2. Use black decorating frosting for the eyes and mouth (use dots)
3. Use orange decorating frosting for the nose
1. Use chocolate cake pops
2. Use black frosting for the eyes
3. Use either red frosting or red candies for the nose
4. Next break pretzels into small pieces and insert them into the cake pop for the antlers