Leave a Comment
What to do on a 3-Day Weekend
January 26, 2018
Recently, Academy has scheduled many 3-day weekends, and there are still more to come. Students have used these weekends to explore Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas.
Here are 15 ideas for places to spend your 3-day weekend:
Try a new restaurant in Downtown Tampa:
1. Eddie and Sam’s NY Pizza- grab a slice pizza and then explore the waterfront across the street at Curtis Hixon.
2. The Hall on Franklin- The Hall on Franklin offers many different cuisines in one place.
3. Oxford Exchange- Along with being a great place to grab some food with friends, OE also offers afternoon tea.
Sophia Tremonti (’18) said, “I love going to Oxford Exchange because the atmosphere is so cool and the food is good. It’s also a cute place for taking pictures and posting with friends”
Go explore the beach:
4. Clearwater beach- This beach is famous for its beautiful blue water and is a big tourist attraction, so it has many places to eat and shop.
5. St. Pete Beach- SPB offers lots of public parking and restaurants on the beach, so you never go too far to get what you want.
Jaed Seymour (’18) said, “I love going to the beach because I love being tan and when I’m tan I am happy. The beach is always my go to on a 3 day weekend”
6. Caladesi Island- There is a ferry that runs daily to and from Caladesi Island, which has a 3-mile long strip of beach with crystal clear water.
7. Bayshore Boulevard- There are many ways to exercise on Bayshore, such as rollerblading, running, walking, biking, or skateboarding.
Jackie Beltram (’18) said, “Running on Bayshore is a nice way to catch up with friends and also get some good exercise in.”
8. Upper Tampa Bay Trail- Go explore this 7-mile trail in North Tampa. The trail offers bathrooms and water stations.
9. Courtney Campbell Causeway Pedestrian Bridge- This bridge runs alongside the Causeway Bridge, and offers a great view and a great exercise path.
Do Something Fun:
10. Splitsville- Head to Channelside and grab lunch and bowl with friends at Splitsville.
11. Altitude- Tampa’s largest trampoline park is a fun place to go to exercise and have fun.
12. Q-Zar- Laser Tag is always a good idea.
Go to a Theme Park:
13. Busch Gardens- For fans of roller coasters, this is the place to go on your day off.
14. Adventure Island- Adventure Island is the place to go if the weather is perfect for a swim because there are so many rides to ride and pools to swim in.
15. Lowry Park Zoo- Patrons can interact with animals up close.
Leave a Comment