Leave a Comment
2023 promises new media
January 13, 2023
With the new year arriving, there are many things to be excited about, such as new year resolutions to fulfill or upcoming holidays. However, there are also many movie releases, series announcements, and music dispatches to look forward to as well.
Marvel and D.C. are coming out with new movies with new actors for fans of action movies. Several new actors are joining the franchise, such as Jonathan Majors who will be playing Kang the Conqueror in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. In this new Marvel movie, Ant-Man and the Wasp find themselves exploring the Quantum Realm, interacting with strange new creatures and embarking on an adventure that pushes them beyond the limits of what they thought was possible, according to Marvel. In other superhero news, D.C.’s upcoming Shazam! Fury of Gods (in theaters March 17th) is the sequel of Shazam with Zachary Levi playing Shazam who will be taking on the villainous Hespera and Kalypso, daughters of the Greek titan Atlas.
🌟 Upcoming 🌟
— BetterMovieBot (@BetterMovieBot) December 28, 2022
In the horror genre, several scary movies are coming up, with the recently released M3GAN being the first experience for this year. Premiering later on in the year are five other movies listed (List Credit:Sarah El-Mahmoud)
The following are some expectations of movies to keep you awake:
- Sick (January 13th): A Peacock’s original, the film opens with friends quarantining during COVID– but they are not alone in this pandemic. It features Gideon Adlon and is written by the director of Alone.
- The Offering (January 13th): Inspired from Jewish folklore, The Offering takes place from the perspective of the son of a Hasidic funeral director and his pregnant wife, reuniting with his father. As their visit continues, they find out they have awoken an ancient evil that is targeting their unborn child.
- Knock at the Cabin (February 3rd): M. Night Shyamalan’s next film has been described as a home invasion horror movie that takes place during the apocalypse and will star Guardian of the Galaxy‘s Dave Bautista, Mindhunter‘s Jonathan Groff, and Harry Potter‘s Rupert Grint. Knock At The Cabin will be another original from the filmmaker behind The Sixth Sense and Glass trilogy.
- Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey (February 15th):After the trending trailer of Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey, the movie is expected to have a twist on a nostalgic Disney animation. Now in the perspective of a serial killer, Winnie and his accomplice Piglet are on the hunt for Christopher Robin, newly a college freshman, who has abandoned them.
Mary Grace Nash (12) expects for Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey to be, “Controversial, because they are turning a children image into something darker and twisted.”
- Cuckoo (September 29th): This movie’s plot is currently not released, but of the information known the cast includes Hunter Schafer, Dan Stevens, and Jessica Henwick.
Freeridge is an upcoming Netflix’s upcoming series, and a spinoff of their previous show On My Block. Starting where the first series ended, a new friend group, Gloria, Ines, Demi, and Cameron, will continue the legacy of the original characters Jamal, César, Ruby, and Monse, but unleash a curse bringing dark misfortune into their lives. With the first episode being released on February 2nd, many anticipate a similar story with more laughter and more drama plots.
Adele Politz (12) said,”I am super excited for the new spinoff! I used to watch On My Block when it first came out so I can’t wait to see the plot.”
After the multiple publicized songs and albums of 2022, this year includes over fifty albums/songs from artists such as Metallica, Gorillaz, Paramore, Sam Smith, Mac Demarco, Lana Del Ray, and many more. Possible collaborations include Taeyang ft. Jimin, Meek Mill ft. Lil Uzi Vert, Bizarrap ft. Bad Bunny, Manuel Turizo and Coldplay, and a multitude more.
Leave a Comment